Friday, March 13, 2015

Blogging Challenge -- Days 19-22

19. List 5 blogs you read on a regular basis and why.
  1. Bower Power http://www.bowerpowerblog.com/ -- I love this DIY blogging family and all that they have to share! Katie Bower shares all sorts of DIY house projects, her family life as a mom of 3 little boys, photography tips, and so much more. As a professional blogger, she inspires me to write often and even try my hand at crafting!
  2. Southern Sweet Tart https://shalahgale.wordpress.com/ -- This blogger is one of my sister-in-laws and I really enjoy reading her blog. She writes about a variety of fun things, but I especially enjoy her refashioning posts! She buys dirt cheap (and not so attractive) clothes from different thrift stores and turns the hot mess of an ensemble into something beautiful! I love looking at the before and after pictures of her creations and am always highly impressed with her ability to transform.
  3. The Collins Charm https://thecollinscharm.wordpress.com/ -- This girl is one of my dear friends whose blog has turned into one of my favorite weekly reads! She writes about the highlights of her week, DIY and crafting projects around her home and her adventures around the world as a flight attendant. Her blog offers a variety of topics and interesting stories that always keep me coming back for more!
  4. Feather & Ink In A Modern World https://jmblackwood.wordpress.com/ -- This blog comes from another one of my sister-in-laws (the love for writing must run in the family)! She was one of the people who originally inspired me to start my blog and also gave me the idea to do this 31 Day Blog Challenge. I love her blog because it is passionate, raw, and real. She doesn't write with the fake "fluff" like a lot of us tend to --she tells it how it is. She gets vulnerable and honest with herself and her readers -- I really appreciate this blog for that. It's always refreshing to read her point of view as a mother and pastor's wife. Her blog is relatable and encouraging to a young mom and fellow pastor's wife like myself!
  5. Anna Saccone http://www.annasaccone.com/ -- I have read this blog for over 2 years now and am a huge fan! Anna Saccone is a beauty guru, as well as, a young mother of two beautiful children. She writes about beauty, make-up, food, diet, motherhood, style, fashion, and more! As a working mom, it is easy to wear your work uniform and then change into pajamas when you get home. Her blog inspires me to actually want to pick out a nice outfit for myself and have fun with new make-up. She is a great example of a wife and mother who still takes the time to better herself. Her cupcake recipes are also delicious!
20. What do you collect?  As of right now, nothing. But when I was younger, I collected the shiny and crazy colored little rocks from any museum or field trip. You guys know the ones (especially if you are a 90's kid)! On any field trip I ever went on, I always bought those rocks as my souvenir. I collected them for years, but I have no clue where they are now!

21. What's your biggest fear? I'm not sure what my BIGGEST fear is, but I know what one of my fears is. Not to bring down this post, but I have always been terrified to be involved in a public shooting. I'm always so scared I will be at the wrong place at the wrong time when one of those happens. Not very upbeat, I know, but that's why it is such a fear of mine.

22. What do you do when you're home all alone? As the mother of a 2 month old, this is a rarity! Grayson is pretty much always with me if I'm not at work :) BUT, when he is napping at home and I have a little time to spare, I usually end up catching up on shows I've recorded or cleaning the house. So exciting, I know! I find it relaxing to catch up on my shows, no matter how shallow or pointless they may be. I'm not into educational television and not afraid to admit it. After a long day, I don't want to have to think much! My current go-to DVR show is Reba. I discovered it on my maternity leave and have almost watched every episode at this point. It's cheesy, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment