Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Blogging Challenge -- Days 14-18

Hey everyone! Where in the world have I been with my Blogging Challenge posts? Well, I'll tell ya. I've had the pleasure of hosting some nasty virus for the past 4 days. Today is by far the best day yet, but I'm still feeling rough. This thing started off like a cold, then turned into what felt like the flu and then progressed to something resembling a stomach virus. Lovely, I know. That's a good part of the reason why I haven't blogged in a week. BUT I wanted to get back to it today and answer questions 14-18 of the blogging challenge. These questions are all really interesting to me and it's funny how a lot of them are harder to answer than I would have ever thought. They are really making me think...which is a good thing! Hope you enjoy! :D

14. What's on your iPod? I really like a variety of music! Country music is definitely my favorite, but I also like pop, contemporary Christian, and 90's music. Scrolling through my Pandora stations I found: Matchbox Twenty Radio, The Grinch Radio, 3 Doors Down Radio, 90s Pop Radio, Today's County Radio, Lady Antebellum Radio, Today's Hits Radio, Hillsong Worship Radio, and Passion Worship Band Radio...to name a few.

15. List 10 things that make you awesome:
  1. I am one big, recessive gene (red hair, green eyes, left-handed, fair skinned).
  2. I enjoy running long distances.
  3. I am very organized.
  4. I've jumped out of a plane.
  5. I'm a good friend (or at least I try really hard to be).
  6. I love to encourage others.
  7. I have the best husband, son, and puppy around!
  8. When I want something, I work hard to achieve it. I'm driven.
  9. I have always adopted my pets from the local animal shelter.
  10. I exercised throughout my entire pregnancy, up until 3 days before I had my son.

16. What's your biggest accomplishment? Gosh, this is a hard one. There are a lot of things that come to mind, but one of the biggest accomplishments I can think of is how hard my husband and I have worked for what we have. We started off with very little and have worked so hard and come so far. We still don't have much, but what we do have, I am proud of because I know the hard work that went into it. I'm proud that together we have overcome a lot of obstacles, especially financially, and stayed dedicated to what we wanted. I'm thankful that what I have wasn't handed to me because I don't know if I would appreciate it quite the same.

17. Why and when did you start blogging? I started blogging in August of 2013. I have always loved writing and found blogging to be a way to rekindle that passion. I wanted to share bits of my life with people and hoped that someone would find my posts encouraging and relatable. I figured if I touched one person's life with my blog, that would be wonderful!

18. Where are you happiest? I am happiest when I am with those I love, my family and friends. Yes, that corny, but it's true. The older I get, the more I realize the importance of my relationships and how those are the things that will carry on when everything else fades. At the end of my life, the reflection on the relationships I had will bring me far more joy than anything else ever could.


No comments:

Post a Comment