Wednesday, March 25, 2015

26 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday October 6, 2014

How far along? 26 weeks 4 days (1.5 weeks away from the 3rd trimester!)


Baby: The network of nerves in the baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He or she may now be able to hear both my voice and Josh's as we chat with each other. Peanut is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of the lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he/she is born and takes that first gulp of air. And the baby is continuing to put on baby fat. Now weighing about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches (the size of an eggplant and length of a green onion) from head to heel. If we're having a boy, his testicles should soon begin to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three months.

Total Weight Gain: My weight is all over the board! This week it fluctuated between an 11-14 lb. weight gain (126-129). Some of it had to do with the fact that my stomach was very messed up and I was having a lot of constipation issues. This week I am making an effort to get back on the fruits and veggies train to make sure Peanut is getting all the nutrients he/she needs!

Maternity Clothes: I'm starting to embrace the maternity wear. I wore my first pair of maternity pants and jeans this week and am wearing more maternity tops to work. Some of it is really cute!

Stretch Marks: Still trying to be disciplined with the stretch mark cream and doing fairly well at it. No stretch marks as of yet, so I am hoping what I am doing is working and keeping my skin moisturized (at least for now!).
Sleep: I actually had more energy this week...hallelujah! I got a lot done around the house this weekend and it was wonderful. I'm actually waking up really early some weekend mornings (yesterday morning I woke up at 5am) and am staying awake. I think I may be starting the nesting phase of wanting to get everything done and in its place. Hoping to continue having a little more energy this week!

Miss Anything? Loving pregnancy :)

Best Moment of the Week: Watching Peanut move through my skin. I used to only see kicks, but now I can see all sorts of movement. Josh and I sat and watched our baby doing all sorts of crazy things in my stomach last night for about 30 minutes...it was like our own form of free entertainment (and it's too wild to take your eyes off). I don't know of many things more amazing than watching your unborn child swim around in your belly! (If I can, I'll try to catch it on video soon!)

Movement: Still feeling a good bit of movement especially when I am sitting still or laying down. Sometimes they are big kicks and other times slow movements across my stomach! The baby moves the most when I am relaxed and laying down. It's so fun watching!

Food Cravings: Nothing in particular this week. I'm not really wanting the healthier food, but when I make myself eat it I am pretty satisfied.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Gender: Surprise! (still feeling really calm about not knowing)

Symptoms: No new symptoms this week. Honestly, I'm feeling really good! I was able to work out 3 times this week and walk once with my mom. I find that this actually helps the aches I was having.

Happy or moody: Happier!

Looking forward to: My first baby shower is in 2 weeks and I can't wait! Also, I have my glucose test tomorrow and I am anxious to get the results.









No comments:

Post a Comment