Wednesday, March 25, 2015

28 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday October 20, 2014

How far along? 28 weeks 4 days -- officially in the Third Trimester!


Baby: By this week, your baby weighs 2 1/4 pounds - 2.5 pounds (about the size of a large eggplant) and measures 15-16 inches from the top of the head to the heels.
Peanut can blink her/his eyes, which now sport lashes. With the eyesight developing, baby may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. Baby Gale is also developing billions of neurons in his/her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.


Total Weight Gain: My weight is has been fluctuating a lot this week. I got my thyroid checked and it was actually a little high (hyper) which didn't surprise me since I wasn't putting on much weight. I am now taking half a pill once a week to even out my levels. This week my weight fluctuated between an 12-14 lb. weight gain (127-129). I'm still slowly gaining which I am happy about and I'm trying not to gorge myself through this last trimester. I'm still staying active which really helps!

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing more and more maternity outfits and loving how comfortable they are! I'm also wearing regular clothes that used to be a little big and wearing some of my regular jeans with the belly band -- I love that thing! Things don't always fit perfectly because my tummy is bigger, but the rest of my body is regular sized. The maternity pants I have are all a little baggy, but at least they are comfy!

Stretch Marks: I'm really upping my game from this point forward when it comes to stretch marks. I've been pretty lax about applying the creams (still doing it once most every day), but I am going to get back in the twice a day routine. This baby is growing!
Sleep: I'm still more energetic (which probably has to do with my thyroid being a little higher than normal) and it's a nice change! I just can't sleep in anymore which is kind of annoying. I'm still sleeping well though. I fall asleep immediately and don't have many issues with getting comfy. I am noticing I am waking up more on my back though, so I must change positions throughout the night. I do wake up some throughout the night, but not because I am uncomfortable or have to pee.

Miss Anything? I really don't have many complaints! I say finding work pants that fit me, but that's about it. I have an awesome baby and my body has really cooperated with pregnancy. Feeling blessed and loving pregnancy :)

Best Moment of the Week: I had my first baby shower on Saturday through by my wonderful friends! I was a little nervous having everyone over and being that it was my first one ever, I didn't know what to expect. But it was so fun and Baby Gale and I felt so loved!

Movement: Peanut has been moving like crazy lately...I love it! It's by far my favorite part of pregnancy. I sometimes have to force myself to go to bed because I can't stop watching my stomach. I'll miss that once Peanut is born.

Food Cravings: Still loving sweets!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Gender: Surprise! Thankfully although we don't know the gender, the first shower went really well. There are so many cute gender neutral things :)

Symptoms: Having more Braxton Hicks contractions especially when I am on my feet for a long time, very bad constipation, sometimes the baby will sit on something and I get really uncomfortable but then the baby moves and I'm fine again, bending over has gotten a little harder but I can still do it as of now!

Happy or moody: This week was much better!

Looking forward to: Getting the crib delivered and assembled! Also, we have a labor and birth class next weekend that should be fun and informative! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment