Wednesday, March 25, 2015

31 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday November 10, 2014

How far along? 31 weeks 4 days -- almost 8 months!

Baby: Peanut measures over 16 inches long and weighs about 3 1/3 pounds (about the size of a coconut!). We may have to rename the baby because Peanut doesn't seem appropriate anymore! The baby is heading into a growth spurt (which is crazy because the baby has already been in a growth spurt). The baby can turn his/her head from side to side, and the arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath the skin. Peanut is probably moving a lot too!

Total Weight Gain: I finally reached the 130 lb. weight mark...I couldn't help but not be thrilled about this. I was between a 14-15 lb. weight gain all week (129-130). I know it means the baby is growing and I can definitely tell because I am much bigger! I am still working out 3 times a week on the elliptical and doing the arm machines for some toning. I am hoping to keep up the healthy eating and activity this week, so I can contain the rapid growth to my belly and not my whole body ;) I get my thyroid tested this week, so we will see how accurate this weight gain is!

Maternity Clothes: I am wearing more and more maternity clothes and have my favorite few pairs of maternity pants that I am reusing quite often. The weather is colder, so that limits my wardrobe. Maternity sweaters and scarves are my new best friends! Overall, I still haven't purchased any maternity clothes and am thankful the ones I have been given are doing the job!

Stretch Marks: I'm still being consistent with the stretch mark cream and moisturization. I am applying lotion to my belly and boobs each morning and evening and am still stretch mark free. I have been trying to be very consistent with this because I know now is the time I am growing quickly.
Sleep: I am still sleeping very lightly and wake up way before I need to. I did sleep in on Saturday which was wonderful! I napped this week which also helped. I'm trying to relax and get my rest, but once I wake up I want to start my day (even if it's 5am). Josh seems to think it's because of anxiety but honestly I'm not really sure of the reason. I have also been waking up and eating at like 4am which is very weird for me. I'm awake long enough that I start to get hungry, but I eventually go back to sleep.

Miss Anything? Pregnancy acne is still horrible! I miss being able to take a pill for my acne which I'm guessing I won't be able to resume until after I stop breastfeeding. Besides that, all is well!

Best Moment of the Week: We cleaned out the baby room this week and it feels so good to have all of the baby's things organized!

Movement: SO much movement this week! The baby goes crazy sometimes and my whole stomach shakes...it's the craziest/coolest thing. I'm still obsessed with the movement and watch for it/have my hands on my belly all day long. I feel it almost every hour which is more than ever. I also feel it all over my tummy, sometimes super low and sometimes above my belly button. This baby is growing and super active!

Food Cravings: I did well with the food this week. I am trying to stick to the everything in moderation rules especially as we go into Josh's birthday week and will be eating out a lot. We got these apples on Friday at the apple orchard in Blue Ride and they are DELICIOUS. I'm obsessed. They are called Pink Lady apples and actually make eating an apple feel like a treat. Besides that, I'm still loving sweets, especially Josh's chocolate peanut butter birthday cake. Are they trying to kill me? It's delicious and my self-control is really being put to the test.

Anything making you queasy or sick? No.

Gender: Surprise -- I am getting more and more excited to find out and put a name to this child! We are still up in the air on the boy name -- which drives me crazy!

Symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks this week especially when standing up after sitting for a while, constipation was a lot better!, acne is still awful but thankfully make-up does a decent job at covering it all, difficulty sleeping and the hip pain was much better this week but still strikes randomly. Overall, I feel great and am so thankful for that!

Happy or moody: Moody

Looking forward to: My next baby shower this weekend! Also I have a thyroid blood test and an appointment with the OBGYN this week. I am excited to see how much the baby grew!








No comments:

Post a Comment