Wednesday, March 25, 2015

33 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday November 24, 2014

How far along? 33 weeks 4 days

BabyThis week Peanut weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark (the size of a pineapple!). The baby is rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and the skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him/her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his/her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Total Weight Gain: Still holding down the 15-16 lb. weight gain!

Maternity Clothes: I bought a maternity sweater this week for our maternity pictures! Besides that, I'm still wearing the maternity clothes that were given to me and wearing my regular jeans with a belly band.

Stretch Marks: Still being consistent with the lotions and so far, so stretch marks to report!
Sleep: I definitely have less energy than I did for a while, but I still struggle with sleeping.  At the same time, I can get by on less sleep than I ever used to. It's a very weird paradox.

Miss Anything? Nothing this week!

Best Moment of the Week: Getting our maternity pictures done and getting almost 20 freezer meals prepared for when the baby comes! Feeling more prepared!

Movement: The baby has very active moments and not so active moments. I am feeling the body parts more distinctly and I love it! I think Josh and I felt a foot last night...it was the craziest thing! I can also feel what I think is the head near the bottom on my pelvis. I can tell when the baby is sitting/head butting on my hips.

Food Cravings: Still loving sweets!

Anything making you queasy or sick? No.

Gender: Surprise! But getting more anxious to know the gender!

Symptoms: No new symptoms!

Happy or moody: Moody/Stressed about getting everything done before the baby arrives!

Looking forward to: Thanksgiving with my family and my brother coming in town and surprising my parents!





No comments:

Post a Comment