Wednesday, March 25, 2015

27 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday October 13, 2014

How far along? 27 weeks 4 days (3 days away from the 3rd trimester!)

Baby: This week baby looks like a thinner, redder, more wrinkled version of what he/she will look like at birth, but in the next few weeks more fat will fill out the appearance. Your baby's immune system is continuing to mature as are your baby's lungs which are still practicing breathing amniotic fluid. Peanut is a little over 2 lbs. this week and 15 inches long (the size of a cucumber and head of cauliflower)!

Total Weight Gain: My weight is has been a little more stable this week. It fluctuated between an 11-13 lb. weight gain (126-128). I ate better this week and I could tell the difference. I'm still low on the weight gain, but I think it has to do with the fact that I'm just slowly gaining (which is a good thing!). At my doctor's appointment, they said my weight gain was fine as of right now.

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing more and more maternity outfits and loving how comfortable they are! I'm tempted to buy a pair of maternity pants for work because I only have a few that fit properly...

Stretch Marks: Trying my best to moisturize at least once a day -- no stretch marks as of yet!
Sleep: I've had much more energy lately! I'm sleeping well and being more disciplined about going to bed on time. I still wake up at the crack of dawn even when I don't have to. I get a little uncomfortable sleeping at night (mostly when changing positions), but nothing major at all.

Miss Anything? Loving pregnancy :) The only thing I miss is being able to wear anything I want. I have to try a few things on now before leaving the house to find something that fits well.

Best Moment of the Week: Watching Peanut move through my skin! I am entranced by it and can't stop watching. Also, we were given a bunch of baby stuff this week! I ordered the crib and bought the crib mattress. So fun to start getting things ready! Peanut also had a doctor's appointment this week and everything went extremely well! I had to take the glucose test and passed it the first time around! Peanut had a healthy heartbeat and measured perfectly. My blood pressure is great still (96/56) -- so low. Also, my iron levels are really good! It was a 13.3 at my appointment which is probably the highest it's even been -- so thankful!

Movement: Feeling extremely low kicks this week and also feeling slower movement. The movement is much more visible through my skin. I feel like I can tell which parts of the body it is more than I ever used to. It's so crazy!

Food Cravings: Sweets, still! Also still loving salads. I had a hamburger and a peanut butter chocolate shake this week and I must say it was absolutely amazing! I didn't crave it, but I'm definitely planning that meal again for the future!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Gender: Surprise!

Symptoms: No new symptoms this week. Honestly, I'm feeling really good! I randomly get some aches and pains in my hips, but they subside very quickly. Also, my acne is back, but that's nothing new! Pregnancy glow, what's that?

Happy or moody: This week was extremely stressful! :/

Looking forward to: My first baby shower this weekend and I can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment