Wednesday, March 25, 2015

22 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday September 8, 2014

How far along? 22 weeks 5 days

Baby:  At close to 11 inches and almost 1 pound (about the size of a spaghetti squash), Peanut is starting to look like a miniature newborn. The lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and even tiny tooth buds beneath the gums are appearing. The eyes have formed, but the irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. The baby has fine hair (lanugo) that covers the body and the deep wrinkles on the skin, which he/she will sport until he/she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside the belly, the pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.                  

Total Weight Gain: I'm teetering between a 10 -11 lb. weight gain (125-126). It's still hard seeing the scale go up, but I'm doing my best to make sure it's healthy weight. I can feel more pressure on my stomach which I assume means Peanut really is growing!

Maternity Clothes: I'm showing more and more! Luckily, a lot of my regular clothes are loose and can double as maternity wear for now. Still loving my belly band and maternity shorts!

Stretch Marks: Still trying to be disciplined with the stretch mark cream and doing fairly well at it. My skin was slightly itchy this week which I assume means I need more moisture!
Sleep: I was really sleepy this week, but was also able to work up enough energy to work out and walk a lot. Being active usually gives me enough energy to make it through the day. When I'm asleep, I sleep hard. I also fall asleep within like 2 min. of laying down. I'm  napping a good bit which helps. I've been having very vivid dreams lately and they feel so real. It's to figure out the difference between reality and my dreams when I wake up!

Miss Anything? Still missing regular coffee! (And wanting it more and more). Also, missing my weight not crazy fluctuating every day.

Best Moment of the Week: Getting more things for Peanut at a yard sale (Jumper-Roo, bouncer seat, play table, and shelf for the nursery) and feeling more and more kicks! :) Josh felt Peanut kick again this week (harder this time) and it's just the best feeling!

Movement: I am feeling Peanut more and more :) I'm getting more comfortable with the movements and am recognizing them more often. I still feel mostly kicks, but feel steady movement here and there. The baby is most active at night and when I am sitting/laying very still and relaxed.

Food Cravings: I've always loved these things, so I can't say they are cravings, but lately my diet has consisted of sweets, cereal, and salads. That's what I want most of the time!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, just get shaky if I don't eat for a long time.

Gender: Surprise!

Symptoms: Producing/leaking colostrum (fun times), feeling more pressure, crazy vivid dreams!, acne has been better, thrush is better but still not 100% gone, constipation is still an issue but better, achy hips after exercise or sitting still for a long time and general lack of energy.

Happy or moody: All over the place!

Looking forward to: Peanut's appointment tomorrow and registering!





No comments:

Post a Comment