Wednesday, March 25, 2015

21 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday September 2, 2014

How far along? 21 weeks 5 days

Baby: Your baby now weighs 3/4 of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot and the size of a banana! The flutters are turning into full kicks and nudges and I may also discover a pattern to her/his activity. In other developments, the baby's eyebrows and eye lids are present now, and if it's a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.                  

Total Weight Gain: This week I finally hit the 10 lb. weight gain mark. I'm not going to lie, this was a little difficult to see. I know it's (mostly) baby, but because it was a holiday weekend I ate worse than I normally do and I'm sure this didn't help the situation. This week I am determined to get back to a healthy eating schedule. I was very good about working out and staying active last week!

Maternity Clothes: I'm showing more and more! I'm still wearing my regular bottoms with a belly band and going between regular tops and smaller maternity tops.

Stretch Marks: Still trying to be disciplined with the stretch mark cream and doing fairly well at it.
Sleep: I'm definitely still lacking energy, but am also waking up more in the night. At the same time, I'm sleeping like a rock when I am asleep. It's weird!

Miss Anything? Still missing regular coffee! I feel like because I can't have it, I want it even more. I had one cup of regular coffee yesterday and it was amazing! Besides that, I really am loving being pregnant. The only other thing I miss it not seeing the scale constantly go up! ;)

Best Moment of the Week: Getting the baby's room painted AND Josh feeling Peanut kick for the first time. Both made me SO happy! Since it was a long weekend (Labor Day weekend), Josh and I decided to buy the paint for the baby's room -- Robin's Nest. Josh ended up getting the whole room painted in one day...woohoo! It looks great and I think it's my new favorite place to hang out in the house :) Yesterday we were laying down after a long day canoeing on the river. When I lay down and am very still, I can usually feel Peanut kick. I started to feel Peanut and immediately called Josh over hoping this would be the time. He felt the baby move twice! It was so exciting and I felt like I was just living this awesome dream...relaxing with my husband and puppy, him putting his hands on my belly and then the baby kicking away. It was just a perfect family moment and I loved that Josh finally got to connect with Peanut in that way!

Movement: I am feeling Peanut more and more :) I love it! The baby doesn't move as much as he/she kicks mommy! It always feels like a swift kick to me. It's the greatest feeling.

Food Cravings: Sweets! I've also always loved cereal, but am really loving it lately. I had it every night for dinner last week...

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Gender: Surprise!

Symptoms: Constipation was especially bad this week. Acne is still bad. Feeling more and more pressure which causes me to have to pee more often. Feeling pressure when I make sudden movements or when I experience a bumpy car ride. Producing/leaking colostrum (fun times)!

Happy or moody: All over the place!

Looking forward to: Registering for baby items and getting more done with the nursery! Also looking forward to feeling Peanut move more and getting a bigger bump! Excited for my next doctor's appointment in a week! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment