Wednesday, March 25, 2015

32 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday November 17, 2014

This week was a great one! I got my thyroid results back and my thyroid is back to normal (after being too high last month)! I was stressed about this, so I'm glad the levels are where they need to be and the baby is getting what he/she needs. I also had a doctor's appointment this week (every other week right now!) and the baby is doing fabulous! The measurements were perfect (31 cm) and the doctor thinks the baby is in the right position (head down). My blood pressure was still good (90/54) and the baby's heart rate was in the 130's. I LOVE hearing it!

How far along? 32 weeks 4 days -- 8 months!

Baby: This week the baby weighs 3 3/4 -4 pounds! (about the size of a head of lettuce) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in the uterus. I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to the baby. In fact, the baby will gain a third to half of her/his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he/she fattens up for survival outside the womb. Peanut now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). The skin is becoming soft and smooth as she/he plumps up in preparation for birth.

Total Weight Gain: This third trimester weight gain is no joke! I have done so well with weight gain in my pregnancy, but recently it seems like rapid weight gain is inevitable. I am still eating mostly healthy and smaller portions and working out 3 times a week. This week I am weighing between 130-131 which is a 15-16 lb. weight gain. I know my belly is bigger, so the baby is growing! That part is exciting, but seeing the numbers increase on the scale isn't too fun. I am hoping not to surpass a 25 lb. weight gain in the end!

Maternity Clothes: The bigger my belly gets, the more limited I am. I am still wearing my regular pants with my belly band and mostly wearing just maternity shirts. I am a little bored with the selection, but I am too close to the end to spend money on a bunch of new maternity clothes. Scarves, boots, leggings, and baggy shirts are my best friend! I can still fit in my regular t-shirts, so my gym attire is still my regular clothes (just a little more fitted!).

Stretch Marks: Still doing well with the stretch mark cream and lotion and still stretch mark free...hoping it stays that way as my belly runs out of room for this baby! Everyone tells me how stretch marks are hereditary and applying lotion won't really make a difference, but my opinion is that it can't hurt! If I still get any, at least I know I tried which to me is better than regretting not putting the lotion on.
Sleep: My sleep is all over the board! I slept 9 hours on Saturday and 5 on Sunday! It's a mess. I didn't get much sleep this week, so I crashed on Friday night, but Saturday night the insomnia hit. I think a lot of it is anxiety and having a lot on my mind. I am constantly having dreams about baby items and what I still need to get/return. It's crazy, but obviously it distracts my mind from sleep. Hopefully I can get some sleep before this baby arrives! At the same time, I feel like my body is preparing for my future of no sleep! ;)

Miss Anything? The weight gain has been the biggest struggle for me this week.

Best Moment of the Week: We had our third baby shower this weekend (blessed, I know) and it went so well! My mom threw it for me and all of our family friends, as well as, Josh's mom, my sister-in-law, and nieces were there. We had a fun time and I got so much great stuff for the baby. I am feeling so lucky and more prepared for the baby's arrival! This is one loved child!

Movement: The baby was a little less active this week, but I can feel the body parts so much more distinctly. I LOVE it! I will miss carrying this baby with me everywhere I go, BUT I am more excited for the baby to be on the outside of my belly. I can feel the head, feet, elbows, knees, punches, kicks....it's great. The baby has grown so much and I can tell. When I feel the baby move, I get so excited to be able to touch the actual little feet and hands when the baby is born. It's such a teaser!

Food Cravings: Still loving sweets! We had 3 cakes at our house this week between Josh's birthday, a Gale family birthday dinner, and our Thanksgiving meal at church. I have done fairly well especially considering how many big meals we had last week. I still love sugar and find it hard to make myself eat the "real" foods. I only do because I know the baby needs it...

Anything making you queasy or sick? No.

Gender: Surprise! And still nameless ;)

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, constipation, acne, more pressure on my lower tummy/hips, insomnia, always thirsty...definitely feeling pregnant, but nothing was that bad this week! It's always hard for me to list pregnancy symptoms, but ultimately I have had it so easy!

Happy or moody: Moody

Looking forward to: Maternity pictures this weekend and cooking meals to freeze for when the baby comes! Both my sister-in-laws are helping us out with each of these things and I'm so grateful. Looking forward to getting more crossed off the list! I also scheduled the hospital tour which is in a few weeks and I'm so excited for it!








No comments:

Post a Comment