Wednesday, March 25, 2015

19 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday August 18, 2014

How far along? 19 weeks 4 days

Baby: The baby weighs about 8.5 ounces  (half a pound!) and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of an heirloom tomato or a mango. The hair on the scalp is growing. Many of the baby's senses are developing as specialized areas in the brain are being designated for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. Millions of motor neurons are continuing to develop in Peanut's brain allowing more controlled and conscious movement.  
             
Total Weight Gain: This week I am fluctuating between a 8-9 lb. weight gain, the weight was creeping on this week! It's not easy to see the scale increase, but this upcoming week I am getting back on the eating healthy train. I've still been doing fairly well, but I went out to eat multiple times this week which meant eating more and getting more full than I usually do. I'm trying my best to make this weight "baby weight" as opposed to just me eating more weight! Haha. Either way, it seems like Peanut is growing which makes me happy!

Maternity Clothes: I still use my belly band very often, but a lot of my clothes are still fitting. Depending on where they cut me and how lose they already were, I can even button some of my shorts! Maternity clothes are still kind of big for the most part, but wearing my regular clothes allows my little bump to be shown more. Most people still don't realize I'm pregnant, so I'm still waiting for my belly to really "pop".

Stretch Marks: I'm still applying my stretch mark cream at least once a day, if not each morning and night. I'm in a good routine with it and so far, no stretch marks have appeared. Fingers crossed!
Sleep: I wake up much more often during the night which is a new change. I'm still exhausted and needing lots of sleep!

Miss Anything? I mostly just miss having energy and having caffeine! These two kind of correlate :)

Best Moment of the Week: I got to see a lot of friends this past week and was able to catch up with everyone. I also got to go to a baby shower which was a lot of fun (especially because I am also pregnant)!

Movement: I THINK I've felt movement, but still nothing for sure. I feel like once I realize what it is, I'll realize I've been feeling it for a while now.


Food Cravings: Still loving sweets!


Anything making you queasy or sick? No.

Gender: Last night I had a dream that it was a girl! My instinct is still boy though.

Symptoms: This week I noticed more pressure on my stomach, kind of feels like someone is sitting on it sometimes! I can't sleep directly on my lower stomach or else it doesn't feel too nice. I've had a lot of thrush in my mouth this week and am also producing colostrum! Besides that I am still dealing with exhaustion, acne, and round ligament pain when I move or change positions quickly.

Happy or moody: Emotional!

Looking forward to: The anatomy scan TOMORROW! I feel like we have been counting down to this day for months and I just can't wait to see Peanut!!





No comments:

Post a Comment