Monday, August 18, 2014

Our Engagement






Two years ago today, Josh asked me to marry him! I love thinking back on that day and all the memories it holds. It was an extra special day full of surprises, travel, and jumping out of a plane! I wrote this description of the day we got engaged right after the big day, so I feel like it sums up the day perfectly and most accurately. My most vivid memories from that day are being speechless, TWICE, in one day. I thought the most exciting thing that would happen to me that day would be skydiving, but I was wrong...and completely stunned as to what was to come. August 18 will always hold a special place in my heart!

"Well, Josh and I had been planning on going skydiving for our 1 year anniversary. Because of all the craziness in our lives, it got pushed back a month. The week before, Josh told me that he wanted to go to Helen after skydiving because we both had the day off (which was a rare occasion). He also mentioned wanting to go see the Anna Ruby waterfalls.  The morning of skydiving, we left extremely early because Josh scheduled our jump for 8 am, so that we would "have more time in Helen." I didn't think anything of it because I was so consumed with nerves about skydiving. Skydiving went great and it was an amazing experience that Josh and I got to share together. I was looking forward to the rest of what I thought would be a relaxing day in Helen. I didn't think anything more exciting would be happening that day, but I was wrong. We drove up to Helen and walked some in the little town before heading to Anna Ruby Falls. When we pulled in, Josh wanted to bring his packback along for the .4 mile hike to the top. I asked him why he needed to bring his backpack and he told me it was in case we needed snacks or water for our "long" hike ahead. Again, I didn't think much of it. As we were walking up the trail to the falls, Josh was EXTREMELY excited. He was almost giddy for us to get to the top. I didn't understand why he was SO excited about seeing waterfalls that we had both seen before when we were kids. We finally made it to the top and walked over to look at the waterfalls. It was a serene and happy moment. All of the sudden, Josh took a deep breath and told me that he wouldn't want to be anywhere else in that moment. Then he told me that he had lied to me. My heart started racing and I was really confused. Why was he saying something like that in this peaceful and perfect moment? He told me that skydiving wasn't the most exciting thing that would be happening today and then he walked me into the middle of the platform next to the waterfalls. I was slowly catching on, but still very confused. Then in the middle of the crowd, he got on one knee, reached into his backpack, pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him! :) I was so happy and filled with joy. I was also in utter shock until the crowd started clapping around us and it sunk in that we had just gotten engaged! The surprises contined as some of our friends jumped out of the bushes and ran up the stairs to congratulate us. They had documented the entire thing! It was the most amazing day that I will never, ever forget."














2 comments:

  1. This is so precious! I definitely think you should write your love story because I have a feeling it would be absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just might...that would be fun! Although my memory isn't nearly as good as yours! ;) haha

      Delete