Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Favorite Summer Make-Up & Skin Care Products

I can't believe that summer is on its way to an end...time is flying! Although school is starting, the weather is still hot and we have a good 6 weeks before fall officially sets in. With that in mind, I wanted to share my favorite summer make-up and skin care products with ya'll. These have been my go-to products for the summer and with 6 weeks of summer left to spare, I wanted to let you guys know the products that worked best for me in case you wanted to give any of them a try!
 
1. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream -- Medium Sheer Tint
 

I decided to try this specific BB cream out after hearing a lot of good things about BB creams in general and knowing I was soon headed to Costa Rica where I would have little time to apply make-up. Pregnancy has caused my skin to breakout, so I knew I needed something to give me some coverage, but also light on my skin and easy to apply. This product has served as exactly that and more. BB cream has so many hidden benefits including:
  • Clears acne
  • Conceals Imperfections
  • Minimizes look of pores
  • Reduces appearance of redness
  • Adjusts to skin tone
  • Hydrates and smoothes
  • Enhances and clarifies skin
  • Oil-free, with a lightweight feel
This particular BB cream also contains 2% salicylic acid which helps your skin fight acne, yet it is gentle enough for you to use on a daily basis without drying out your skin. I love this product and use it each day. It can be used as a tinted moisturizer or a base for your regular foundation. But for my skin, it serves as a good foundation. I prefer a lighter foundation in the summer and don't want anything caked on my skin. This stuff doesn't leave that nasty orange residue on your skin like some liquid foundations do and it also stays put despite the heat. I think it does a good job at covering up blemishes when paired with a powder finish. It's easy and quick to apply and within 1 minute my foundation is complete. If you are looking for something low maintenance and light on your skin for summer, I would highly recommend this product! Also, it's only $8.99 and a little goes a long way!

2. L'Oreal's Color Rich Lip Balm -- Tender Mauve


This lip product was one I happened to see at the drug store one day. I liked the concept (lip balm with a hint of color), so I picked it up. I was surprised at how much I liked this balm! It stays true to the concept of being a lip balm and a lipstick all in one. Because of my job and on-the-go lifestyle, I don't always want a heavy lip color. I need something more simple and natural looking on a day-to-day basis. That is why I love this product. It gives you the hydration of a lip balm with a pop of color like a lipstick. Perfect for my busy, low maintenance lifestyle! I have loved the Tender Mauve shade, but there are 7 other shades to choose from. It's nice to have a good selection! You can find this lip product at your local drug store or Ulta for about $7.99! It doesn't melt off in the summer heat, keeps your lips moisturized and gives you a fun pop of color...perfect for summer!

3. Murad Skin Care Products

A few months ago, my husband was sweet enough to go to a spa and get me a gift card for a massage. While he was there, the employees gave him a bunch of free samples of different products from the Murad Skin Care line. I had never heard of this skin care line, but I was open to trying anything to clear my hormonal breakouts. My skin has reacted really well to these products and has cleared up a lot after I started using them. My skin is not perfectly clear (probably because there is no stopping pregnancy acne), but it is more clear and the acne is much more contained than it once was. This product is sold at Ulta, Sephora, and Massage Envy Spas. If you are looking for a good skin care line, I believe you should give Murad a try!

 
The first product sample I was given is the Murad Essential-C Cleanser. This is just a face wash that I use in the shower, but I have really liked how it feels on my skin. It smells like oranges, hence the Essential-C (vitamin C) reference. It has helped clear up my skin and is very refreshing. The cleanser is hydrating and does not dry your skin out. This formula is full of antioxidants and sunscreen protectants for your skin. It's a great summer cleanser!

 
The next product is the Murad Acne Spot Treatment. My skin has been a really big pain lately, like I said the hormonal acne has been rampant, and this product really works on my skin. It helps treat current spots and helps prevent new ones. Each time I use the Spot Treatment, I wake up the next day with clearer skin than I had the night before. It works effectively and quickly! It has not fully prevented my skin from breaking out, but it does a good job at quickly clearing away the acne that I do have. The Spot Treatment contains Benzoyl Peroxide which is a big ingredient in most expensive topical acne medications. This cream retails for $16 which isn't too bad for a good, non-prescription acne cream. If you are looking for a good quality and fast-acting acne cream, I would highly recommend this product.
 
 
Lastly, Murad Acne Clearing Solution is used as more of an allover acne prevention cream. The formula is not as intense, but does a good job of clearing and preventing acne. The Clearing Solution treats breakouts, reduces redness and restores skin clarity. If you need a mild cream for breakouts, this is a great choice!

So there you have it, my favorite summer make-up and skin care products! I will probably continue using most of these products in the fall because I really enjoy them and think they are very effective. I think they give you the most bang for your buck! And isn't that what we are all looking for anyways, cost-effective quality? What have your favorite summer products been? Any suggestions?

Happy Tuesday! :)








 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment