Thursday, August 7, 2014

17 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday August 4, 2014

How far along? 17 weeks 4 days

Baby: The baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — lifeline to the placenta— is growing stronger and thicker. Baby now weighs 5 ounces (about as much as a turnip or an onion) and is around 5 inches long from head to bottom. Peanut can move its joints, and the sweat glands are starting to develop.                  

Total Weight Gain: This week I am fluctuating between a 6-7 lb. weight gain . I've been making a big effort to eat healthy and not overeat and it seems like it's paying off with a slow and steady weight gain. I've also been staying active with lots of walking and doing the elliptical at the gym which seems to help.

Maternity Clothes: I finally got to wear some maternity clothes this week! Some people may not be excited, but I definitely was. I was fortunate enough to be given maternity clothes from 3 different women so far which I greatly appreciated! I am collecting a new wardrobe and that makes it harder to resist wearing. I found a few things that I fit into that show off my little bump well. Most of it is still too big, but I am using my belly band for my pants that still fit.

Stretch Marks: I have been doing well at using my stretch mark creams and oils in the mornings and at night. I feel very moisturized, so I hope this is helping with prevention! I have developed quite a collection of creams, lotions, and oils that will hopefully last me a long time!
Sleep: I'm sleeping wonderfully and very hard. I hardly remember laying my head on the pillow at night because I fall asleep so quickly and I barely wake up to my alarm in the mornings. I am still trying to nap more (took 2 this weekend!) which helps me catch up on sleep and feel more rested instead of dragging.

Miss Anything? Not this week! It was a good week and I am enjoying my pregnancy :)

Best Moment of the Week: Getting to wear maternity clothes and show off my little bump! Also, Josh and I went to Babies R Us on Friday night and it was fun (also slightly overwhelming) to look at all the baby things we are going to need. We are finally deciding on nursery colors and themes which makes me excited to start registering and painting the nursery!

Movement: I'm dying to feel movement and thought I had maybe once or twice. It hasn't happened since so I'm not sure if it was really baby movement or not. I can't wait to feel it for sure soon though!


Food Cravings: I really haven't craved anything in particular which is quite boring. I still love food (nothing has changed there) and am still really liking the fresh veggies with hummus and fresh fruit! I also have my moments of craving sweets.


Anything making you queasy or sick? No.

Gender: I am very up in the air. The first trimester, I felt like it was definitely a boy. But now, I'm torn. It could definitely go either way!

Symptoms: This week my symptoms were mild but included acne, tiredness, and a growing belly! I'm still moody and emotional (crying has become more common). Boobs have been slightly hurting again and I had some mild round ligament pain this week.

Happy or moody: Moody and irritable!

Looking forward to: The anatomy scan in 2 weeks! I can't wait to see our little Peanut again :) Also, I'm really looking forward to fall. For some reason, I have been like daydreaming about fall and all the fun activities, as well as, the cooler weather. Plus I'll be heading into my 3rd trimester at that point which is another step closer to meeting our sweet baby. Gosh I can't wait!






1 comment:

  1. I read this pregnancy blog and its give me good idea how to spend my first 33 weeks in pregnancy with new schedule and how to care to my baby and this weeks schedule great helped him because its tell us what i eat or not thanks for share it Shirley Romero .

    ReplyDelete