Friday, June 27, 2014

Trip to South Korea

Well, today is the day! We leave for Costa Rica tonight and I couldn't be more excited. As I prepare to leave for my second international mission trip, it brings back so many memories of my first. I remember the call to go to South Korea and the peace I felt while I was there. It was a once in a lifetime trip and I have so many wonderful memories from my 2 week stay. We did so many things while we were there and also met so many amazing people. It would be hard for me to recap the entire trip and put an experience that was almost indescribable into words. 
 
For my last "missions" blog post I'll be leaving you with pictures, which speak volumes over words. I will say that this trip shed so much light for me and gave me so much perspective. I never understood how difficult Christians across the world have it and how lucky I am to live in a country with freedom of religion and acceptance of the Christian faith. I have never appreciated the worldwide Christian community more and realized how much we all need each other. Every single person I encountered in South Korea was beyond sweet and caring. They all took such great care of us and treated us with great respect. The Korean culture is full of humility and service to others, something I believe the U.S. could learn from. It was hard for me to leave Busan because of the connection I made to the city along with the connections I made to the people I met. I never knew I could meet girls my age from the other side of the world and that we would have so much in common, that in 2 weeks time we would become lifelong friends. So please enjoy my pictures from Busan, South Korea, a place and people that will always hold such a special place in my heart.
 
 
 
My awesome team!
 

Busan is a seaside town and that means lots of beautiful ocean views!



We hosted a campus ministry party!
 
 
My favorite Korean food - Kimpop!






Our hosts - love these girls!
 
 
Sharing our testimonies and singing worship music for a Korean high school.

 
Helping campers learn to bake a cake!


Korean Karaoke
 

 

 
Karate Lessons
 

 
Teaching English at a Korean college

 
Busan has such breathtaking views!

 
Korean soda




South Korea -- always in my heart <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment