Monday, July 7, 2014

We Have Been Keeping A Little Secret.....Pregnancy Blog: First Ultrasound

So we have been keeping a little secret....Josh and I are expecting a baby! We are SO excited to finally be able to publically share the news. Keeping this secret was tough! Now that the secret is out, I wanted to update my blog with the news and let you guys know that I will be doing Pregnancy Blogs throughout my pregnancy. I will try to keep my blog updated with pregnancy news, bump photos and weekly updates. I wrote a lot of private blogs over the past few months that I am excited to be able to share with everyone. I am currently 13.5 weeks pregnant and plan on doing a 14 Week Pregnancy Blog later in the week, but for now I wanted to share the day I got my first ultrasound done and was able to peek at our little "peanut". Thank you all for the extravagant amount of love and support as we share this news of our growing family and I can't wait to take you along my journey.
 


First Ultrasound - Originally written on May 27, 2014
Friday was the day that we went to the doctor to finally confirm this pregnancy. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I woke up all throughout the night, counting down the hours until the ultrasound. I had really been craving breakfast foods the night before, after I saw a picture of a delicious breakfast spread. So we started off that morning by grabbing McDonald’s before our appointment. A sausage, egg, and cheese McGriddle with hash browns and orange juice had never tasted so good! It was also somewhat comforting to be eating greasy food while inside I was beyond anxious. Our appointment was at an OBGYN office inside Kennestone Hospital, so it took a while to park and find the entrance to the hospital. The whole time, I felt like a big ball of nerves, snapping at everything. We finally got seated and called back to a second waiting room. I was so ready to see the baby at this point, so extra waiting time was like torture. There were 2 girls that got called back with me, 1 went into the ultrasound room while me and the other girl went to the secondary waiting room. I had to wait for both of them to finish their ultrasounds before I got called back. It felt like forever! Finally, I was called back, told to undress and sit on the ultrasound table. I was shaking with fear, but also so excited as to what I hoped was to come. I could see my uterus on the screen in front of my face and I was just praying that something was actually in there! Within a few seconds the nurse said, “And there’s the baby.” Instant relief washed over me and I began to smile. Those were the words I had been waiting one long month to hear. Josh and I looked at each other and smiled. Next, she did something I wasn’t expecting. She let us listen to the baby’s heartbeat. I knew that the baby had a heartbeat starting at 5 weeks, but I had to idea we would get to listen to it at our first appointment. It was so amazing to hear. That little peanut inside of me was alive! Its heartbeat was 150 bmp, very healthy! Josh gleamed with excitement, telling me afterwards how much he loved that part. The tech then told me that based on the baby’s size I was 7 weeks 1 day along and my due date was January 8th, 2015. We were then given a few pictures of the little bean and held on to them with pride. I was so happy! All in all, it was a great appointment! The doctor told me I had a great heart rate, blood pressure and current weight. As of right now I haven't felt bad at all. The nurse told me not to worry about not having really bad nausea yet because the baby looks healthy. I should just consider myself lucky! It was such a great day. I am counting down to the next appointment and to January 8th. I just can’t wait!



1 comment:

  1. The whole church is buzzing with the news!! Couldn't happen to a nicer couple.

    ReplyDelete