Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2013

2013 -- Wow, what a year! I can honestly say it was probably the best year of my life thus far. So many memories and milestones. A year filled with lessons and firsts. My heart is full just thinking about the blessings I experienced this year.

~The year started out with getting to marry my best friend -- it was the most perfect day being surrounded by family and friends who came together to celebrate our love for each other. I cherished having each person I loved in the same room. It was such a special day. AND -- I became Mrs. Joshua Gale which is by far the best title I have ever held :)


~We went on a cruise to Mexico for our honeymoon and got a much needed vacation. 

   (Cafe Du Monde at our port in NOLA)

~I learned more about cooking, cleaning, and other wifely duties. 

~I cut 10 inches of my hair off and donated it to Locks of Love. 


~Cedric became OUR dog -- I love him!



~Josh and I went away for the weekend to Nashville. It was the first time we had ever gone and we had a blast. 

          (Country Music Hall of Fame)

~We went to birthday parties, cookouts, and pool parties.



~We attended my brother's graduation from college!


~We went to the beach with the Gale family.


~I went to lots of weddings, bridal showers, and bachelorette parties.



~Josh and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary since we started dating.


~I celebrated my best friend's time in Georgia and went to a special Going Away Party for her.


~I went to a New Kid's on the Block and 98 Degrees Concert with my sister-in-laws -- so much fun!


~We celebrated the Fourth of July with Samuel, Emma, and Sophia.


~I ran -- a lot!

~Some of my friends had babies :)


~Josh and I coached a kid's soccer team at our church.


~We joined Mountain View UMC and Josh became the Youth Pastor there.


~We went to the fair.


~I went apple picking with all of my nieces and nephews and sister-in-laws.


~Josh and I went to Helen for the day and went back to the spot where we got engaged.


~We celebrated my 25th birthday and Josh's 24th birthday.


~I crafted this year and actually tried Pinterest creations.


~We enjoyed Thanksgiving in Savannah.


~I said goodbye to my brother who moved to Texas for an awesome job.


~We participated in Bethlehem Walk.


~We moved from our basement apartment into our own home!


~We celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple.



~We hosted the Hailey family Christmas at our new house.

~Josh preached throughout this year and did an amazing job!


~I had a wonderful year with my friends!


~I spent a lot of time with my mom, dad, and brother this year -- more thankful and appreciative for them as each year passes. Grateful for everything my parents do for me!


~I joined the Gale family and I love being a part of their family!


~I started this blog back in August. It's something I've always wanted to do and I've really enjoyed getting back into writing!

~To top off the whole year, Josh and I have experienced more generosity and love this year than ever before. We are so blessed to be surrounded by an amazing group of family, friends, and church family who constantly give, help, support, and shower us with love. I have never witnessed so many selfless acts before and I am blown away that many of them were towards my family. It is truly humbling and encouraging.

I am beyond grateful for everyone in my life who has helped make 2013 such a success. Thanks to my husband for putting up with me during this crazy year and for an amazing first year of marriage. I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us! See you next year folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment