Monday, December 2, 2013

NOVEMBER UPDATE

HAPPY DECEMBER!

I can't believe it is already the first week of December 2013. They say as you get older, time seems to speed up more and more. I am beginning to believe it! It's already that time of year again filled with family, lights, decorations, good food and so much more. Our family has a lot going on this holiday season and a lot to celebrate as well! November was a great month for us:

-It started off with a Youth Chili Cook-Off which was a fundraiser at our church to benefit our youth group. It was a fun event and I was proud of my husband for coordinating it all.

-I experienced my first Girl's Progressive Dinner with our youth group girls. We went to a different church member's house for each course of the meal (appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert). It was really fun and something that I have always wanted to do.

-I have continued to be blessed by the Girl's Bible Study I attend with women in their 20's. Our lessons have been challenging and I've learned so much. We even had a special Thanksgiving get together where we all brought our husbands/significant other and enjoyed a delicious dinner and played Catch Phrase. Lots of fun was had! It's really nice being able to spend time with people in the same phase of life as yourself and your spouse.

-We celebrated Josh's 24th birthday!

-I finally got around to having that Pinterest Day I wanted to do for a while. My friend Becky and I crafted and made some Pinterest food. I felt very accomplished by the end of the day!

-I found out that my brother would be officially moving to Dallas in early December. It's very bittersweet, but I am very proud of him. My mom, brother and I had a special celebration dinner.

-We had our early Thanksgiving Feast at church...yummy food!

-Josh did a great job with Youth Sunday at our church. The youth did every aspect of the service and everything turned out so well. The youth band led worship (their first time ever) and it was so moving and powerful. Josh preached at both services and made me very proud! We were all impressed :)

-Hillsong United Concert - a much needed date night!

-We went to see Catching Fire! I rarely see movies in theatre, but I couldn't resist this one.

-We enjoyed another FEAST group with church members. Good food and fellowship.

-Josh and I spent Thanksgiving with our Gale/Zipperer family in Savannah. It was great to have 2 days off to spend time with them. I love them all and love getting to know them more.

-Last but not least, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! Last month I mentioned that we were looking for somewhere to live in early 2014 and a lot has happened since then. All of our needs were met and everything has come together so perfectly. We are beyond excited about moving and starting a new chapter of our lives in our first home. We have been beyond blessed with this new adventure!

2013 is coming to a close, but I look forward to ending it with new beginnings, traditions, and memories.








No comments:

Post a Comment