Monday, December 15, 2014

36 Week Pregnancy Blog -- 9th Month!

Written on Monday December 15, 2014 -- 24 days until my due date!

Hey there! I can't believe I am writing my 36 week pregnancy update. Time has flown and our baby's due date is quickly approaching! In fact, we are getting very close to the point where the baby could come at any time! So exciting, yet I'm trying to get as much done as I can before that day comes. I had my 36 week doctor's appointment on Friday and the baby is doing great! Peanut is already head down and my belly had grown 2 cm since the previous visit 2 weeks prior. The doctor did say it looks like I may have a smaller baby, but everything is very healthy, so I'm okay with that! I'm so curious to see how big the baby actually will be! My husband, Josh, was almost 9 lbs. when he was born, but I was only 6 lb. 1 oz. I'm thinking this baby takes after mama :) Here's some details about my 36th week (9th month!) of pregnancy!

How far along? 36 weeks 5 days -- so close!

Baby: The baby is still packing on the pounds at the rate of about an ounce a day! She/he now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of romaine lettuce or a large cantaloupe). Peanut is shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered the body, as well as, the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected the skin during the nine-month amniotic bath. The baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, that will form the contents of her/his first bowel movement.

Thyroid: I got my thyroid levels tested last week and was happy with the results. The baby is getting the perfect amount of thyroid hormone and mine is only slightly high (hyper). This means my metabolism is a little high, but not high enough for them to change my dosage since the baby is getting exactly what he/she needs. It will be interesting to see how my thyroid adjusts post-partum. The doctor recommended I get my levels tested again within 4-6 weeks after birth to get my body readjusted now that it won't have another person to account for! Most likely my dosage will decrease significantly.

Activity: Thankfully, I have still been able to remain active. It's actually harder for me to sit still! I'm having trouble getting comfortable lately when I sit for long periods of time. I am still working out 3 days a week (30 min. on the elliptical and 10 lb. arm weights) and am feeling great doing it. Since I've done this particular workout for months, my body is very used to it. I'm also walking a few days a week during my lunch break with a co-worker of mine. It feels great to break a sweat and move around even at this stage of pregnancy.

Stretch Marks: Still applying lotion consistently and I think I may have a stretch mark or two. I honestly can't fully tell because my skill is so stretched out! My belly button is officially an outie!
Sleep: I've slept so much better and I'm so thankful for that. It's amazing what a good nights sleep can do for you. I think my body is just worn out.

Miss Anything? Overall, I will really miss being pregnant. I've truly loved it. Currently, the only thing I will not miss is always having to be monitored. From my thyroid to my weight gain to my food intake, there's so much I have to pay attention to and get tested for constantly. It can get exhausting after a while.

Best Moment of the Week: I had a very festive week! I went to a few Christmas parties and Josh and I went to 2 different Christmas plays over the weekend. It was all a lot of fun! I've always loved this time of year and to me, it's so special to be welcoming a baby during this beautiful Christmas season. I was also able to work around the house for about 4 hours yesterday night cleaning, organizing, working on the baby's room and wrapping Christmas presents! I wouldn't necessarily call it nesting because I didn't want to get it all done, but I knew it needed to happen! :) 

Movement: This child is super active! I feel movement all day long and multiple times each hour. Lots of hiccups, kicks, and booty shaking (this kid loves to move his/her butt around constantly!). The baby has definitely grown and finally reached my ribs...I can feel the baby right up against them! I'm soaking in and loving each and every movement. I'll miss that the most.

Food Cravings: I did a lot better with cutting down on the sweets this week and trying to eat more protein and veggies (my doctor's recommendation to keep up the baby's growth). I started drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea and taking Primrose Oil this week. These two things are not supposed to bring on labor, but they are supposed to help tone your uterus and get your body ready for birth. There is research supporting both sides (that it helps and that it does nothing), but the tea tastes yummy and it's all good for you, so I figure why not give it a shot? It can't hurt!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Gender: Surprise! But getting more anxious to know the gender! We also started using the names this week to kind of "practice" instead of just calling the baby "Peanut". It's a little weird, but I love the names! I can't wait to put a name to this child!

Symptoms: More pressure/pain with the baby getting bigger, trouble getting comfortable when sitting for a long time, always thirsty, acne has really improved!, and having to pee more often.

Happy or moody: Happy and excited!

Looking forward to: I have 2 days off work this week which means I only have a 3 day work week! So thankful for that and ready to get a bunch of stuff knocked off my to-do list...it's almost baby time! 
 

Nursery decoration that I made last night...the hearts are made out of the baby shower cards!



 
More nursery décor! I will show you all the finished nursery soon enough! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment