Monday, December 8, 2014

35 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday December 8, 2014 -- 1 month away from my due date! :)


How far along? 35 weeks 5 days -- 1.5 weeks until I am considered full-term!

Baby: The baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he or she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (the size of a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in my womb, the baby isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he/she kicks should remain about the same. The kidneys are fully developed now, and the liver can process some waste products. Most of the basic physical development is now complete — Peanut will spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Total Weight Gain: This week I fluctuated between 130 - 132 (15-17 lb. weight gain). At the beginning of the week I was nervous that I still hadn't gained anything and over the weekend I gained 2 lbs. and wasn't thrilled about that! I'm looking forward to the weight gain part of all this being over. Gaining weight is no fun, but not gaining any makes me nervous! I'm getting my thyroid levels tested today, so I am very anxious to see how they are doing. I feel like getting the results will ease my mind about the weight gain (or lack thereof) issue.

Maternity Clothes: I feel like my belly has definitely grown and the maternity clothes are fitting better and better.

Stretch Marks: Still being consistent with applying lotion once in the morning and once at night and so far. I don't think I have any stretch marks, but it's kind of hard to tell with my skin being so stretched out!
Sleep: I slept better this week! I still woke up a lot during the night, but I was finally tired and didn't have this strange middle of the night energy. I got some good sleep this weekend and it was awesome. I woke up once in the middle of the night with pain in the space between my belly and my hip bones this week and that wasn't very fun. Maybe the baby is dropping or I'm experiencing growing pains?

Miss Anything? Getting a full 8 hrs of sleep without waking up and not having to worry about the weight I am or am not gaining.

Best Moment of the Week: The hospital tour was really exciting! It was fun to see where I'll give birth and to really start to consider how it will all go down. Getting closer!

Movement: The baby's activity is so on and off. Sometimes I don't feel anything and other times I can't even focus on anything else because I am so in tune with the baby's movements. I can tell the baby has grown because the movements are slow and more distinct.  My whole stomach shifts depending on where the baby is sitting and I can feel if the baby is on my hips, ribs, or bladder!

Food Cravings: Still loving sweets! I need to eat more real food this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick? No.

Gender: Surprise! But getting more anxious to know the gender! We also started using the names this week to kind of "practice" instead of just calling the baby "Peanut". It's a little weird, but I love the names! I can't wait to put a name on this child!

Symptoms: Having trouble sleeping and also experiencing random tummy pain, tired, always thirsty, extremely moody, waking up in the middle of the night starving and eating!, acne and constipation have been much better!

Happy or moody: So moody!

Looking forward to: Although it's a little stressful, I have a bunch of holiday activities and parties this week! I am trying not to be stressed out by it all and to enjoy it :)









No comments:

Post a Comment