Monday, December 1, 2014

34 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday December 1, 2014

Hello there, December! I cannot believe it's already Christmas time and less than 6 weeks until my due date. Wow, time has flown! I honestly have few complaints about my pregnancy and have really loved being pregnant. I have been blessed with a very smooth and healthy pregnancy and I am so grateful for that. I will miss it in a lot of ways, but the excitement I feel about meeting my baby outweighs any sadness I feel about the pregnancy coming to an end. This week was another good week and another week closer to meeting our Peanut.

How far along? 34 weeks 5 days -- 2.5 weeks until I am considered full-term! (They now consider full-term to be 37 weeks meaning that if I go into labor after that point, they aren't going to stop me!)

Baby: The baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (about the size of a cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. The fat layers — which will help regulate the body temperature once the baby's born — are filling out, making the baby rounder. The skin is also smoother than ever. The central nervous system is maturing and lungs are continuing to mature as well.

Total Weight Gain: Still holding down the 15-16 lb. weight gain! I have still been able to stay active which helps give me more energy.

Maternity Clothes: I've been lucky enough to survive on the maternity clothes that were given to me by a few friends. I've only bought 1 maternity top this pregnancy which was extremely nice for my wallet. The selection of clothes that fit me is a little thin, but at this point I'm not going to buy a bunch of new maternity clothes since I am so close to the end. I'm still wearing maternity tops, maternity pants, leggings and my regular pants with my belly band.

Stretch Marks: Still being consistent with applying lotion once in the morning and once at night and so far, no stretch marks to report!
Sleep: Sleep has been very strange lately. My energy is waning, but I am really struggling with sleep. I'm not uncomfortable and I don't have to pee every 2 seconds, but when I do wake up in the night, I just can't seem to get back to sleep. I am sleeping very lightly and wake up around 5 am most weekends. I think it has to do with having so much on my mind and beginning to nest and want everything done and in its place.

Miss Anything? Getting a good nights sleep!

Best Moment of the Week: Clearing everything out of the baby room and getting everything in it's place! Besides the decorations, the nursery is now complete! I love it so much and find myself going in there just to look at everything and take it all in :) Also, Thanksgiving was great! My brother flew in town Wednesday night and surprised my parents! We had been planning the surprise for a few weeks, and it was so nice to have him home for a few days. We have only seen him once in a whole year, so I loved having us all together for Thanksgiving!

Movement: The baby was very active this week! Now that the baby is bigger, I can definitely tell a difference. The movements are so strong and powerful...they make my whole stomach shake! I can distinctly see and feel the different body parts which is so cool. The movement is my favorite part of pregnancy, so I'm trying to soak it all in while I still can.

Food Cravings: Still loving sweets! Also, I was on a grits kick last week. I ate them every morning for breakfast and they just hit the spot.

Anything making you queasy or sick? No.

Gender: Surprise! But getting more anxious to know the gender!

Symptoms: Having trouble sleeping and also experienced a random leg cramp during the night, nesting, always thirsty, consistent Braxton Hicks and random numbness in my hands and legs.

Happy or moody: My mood is all over the board! Also, lack of sleep never makes me a happy camper, so that definitely doesn't help!

Looking forward to: The hospital tour this week and getting my hospital bag packed! I bought everything for the hospital bag, now I just need to pack it up :)




My brother caught this lovely pose of mine on camera on Thanksgiving! If you needed a good laugh for today, well here it is! Along with the baby bump :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment