Tuesday, September 30, 2014

25 Week Pregnancy Blog

Good morning!

It's been a while since I have posted a pregnancy update, so I thought I would today. I am officially 6.5 months pregnant which is crazy and only 2 weeks away from my 3rd trimester! This pregnancy has flown and I'm so thankful for our healthy, quickly growing baby. Everything has been going very well and I'm loving being pregnant. If you want all the update details, keep reading! :)


Written on Tuesday September 30, 2014

How far along? 25 weeks 5 days (2 weeks away from the 3rd trimester!)

Baby: Head to heel, Peanut now measures about 13.5 inches and weighs a pound and a half (the size of an eggplant or an ear of corn!). Right now the baby is long and lean, but is starting to gain some baby fat (half a pound will be put on this week alone). The wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and the lungs are continuing to develop. Baby is also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture -- so cool!

Total Weight Gain: My thyroid levels are finally in the "normal" range! This has been a battle my entire pregnancy (they were crazy off in the beginning), so I'm very grateful that they have finally leveled out and are healthy. I'm continuing to get my thyroid levels checked each month.  If you didn't know, hypothyroidism dramatically affects your weight, so it was hard to tell what my true weight gain was. That being said, my weight gain should be fairly accurate now and so far I've gained 11 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: I'm going back and forth between bigger regular clothes and maternity clothes. My belly had grown a little more, so the maternity clothes are now looking cute! Still wearing the baby band for most pants. The belly band has been a life saver throughout my pregnancy because it allows me to still wear all my regular pants and shorts!

Stretch Marks: Still trying to be disciplined with the stretch mark cream and doing fairly well at it. No stretch marks as of yet, so I am hoping what I am doing is working and keeping my skin moisturized (at least for now!).
Sleep: I'm still super sleepy which is similar to weeks past. I'm just lacking energy all the time. I had a long weekend and was able to catch up on sleep which was so nice! I seem to drag all day, but if I take a nap then I can't sleep at night. I am waking up a little more often during the night, but nothing that bad. I've started using a little pillow to support my belly while sleeping some nights, but I don't need it as of yet. It does make sleeping more comfy :)

Miss Anything? Still missing regular coffee! And wanting it more and more. Why do we always want what we can't have?! I also miss having energy! But besides those small things, I love being pregnant! I've had such a smooth pregnancy so far that it's hard to have any complaints.

Best Moment of the Week: Registering for Peanut and picking out some furniture for the nursery! Also, yesterday Josh and I were able to spend an entire day together free of work, school and phone calls. It was wonderful! We are trying to enjoy this time when it's just the two of us.

Movement: Still feeling a good bit of movement. Sometimes the movements aren't as strong and I only really notice them if I am paying attention or sitting still. Sometimes they are big! The baby moves the most when I am relaxed and laying down. I was able to see some movement under my skin this week which is the coolest thing! Also, the baby got hiccups twice this week -- it's the funniest thing to watch!

Food Cravings: Sweets! Although I'm trying to tone it down because I have my glucose test next week. Hoping to pass the first time around!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Thankfully, no.

Gender: Surprise!

Symptoms: I was experiencing achy hips and back, but that has gone away for now. I'm still tired and still dealing with hormonal acne off and on. The biggest symptom I'm experiencing is Braxton Hicks contractions! So crazy they can happen this early. My uterus just tightens and hardens like a rock and you can distinctly see where the baby is. It's very weird! I asked my doctor about it and apparently as long as they aren't frequent (like 6 times in an hour), then it's just fine. So crazy my body is already gearing up for labor!

Happy or moody: Happier!

Looking forward to: Finishing up registering and working on the nursery...there is still a lot to be done! Less than 15 weeks to go! We can't wait to meet our baby! :) 



1 comment:

  1. Really very good information give us this blog about pregnancy and i read this article and i agree with because i also fell crazy moment 23 week ago in pregnancy and this article tell us how to super sleep with pregnancy pillow thanks for share it Norma Turner .

    ReplyDelete