Friday, September 19, 2014

23 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday September 15, 2014

How far along? 23 weeks 5 days

Baby: The baby's sense of movement is now well developed and the baby can you me dance and move.  Peanut is now more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (the size of a mango). I may be able to see her squirm underneath my clothes. Blood vessels in the lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze Peanut when she/he hears them outside the womb.

Total Weight Gain: I'm still teetering between a 10 -11 lb. weight gain (125-126). I can tell Peanut is growing, so that makes me happy! I am also happy that I am still gaining weight steadily.

Maternity Clothes: I'm still using my belly band almost every day and have found some of my regular clothes work well as maternity wear. I also have a few maternity shirts and shorts that I wear regularly. I'm still not huge, so regular maternity clothes are big. I am showing more and more though!

Stretch Marks: Still trying to be disciplined with the stretch mark cream and doing fairly well at it. My skin was slightly itchy this week which I assume means I need more moisture!
Sleep: I was super sleepy this week. I just don't have as much energy as I used to. I've been napping some still, but not as much. Life doesn't always allow for a nap :( I've been trying to go to bed earlier, so that I am more rested in the morning. I've also been using a small pillow to support my belly while sleeping. I don't need it as of right now, but it makes sleeping more comfortable and supports my belly so there isn't as much pressure.

Miss Anything? Still missing regular coffee! (And wanting it more and more). Missing having energy and going on runs. Now that the weather is cooling down, I am dying to go on a run! I guess walking will have to do for now :)

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling movement multiple times each day. I just LOVE it!

Movement: I felt Peanut SO much this past week. I feel the baby move multiple times every day and am now feeling the kicks while I'm standing or moving around. It's the best feeling and the coolest thing! Josh and I love laying there feeling kicks and movement. I also saw a little movement through my skin this weekend. It kind of looked like a muscle spasm!

Food Cravings: SWEETS! I am loving sugar these days. I want it so badly each day but try to limit myself to something small. I literally look at pictures of desserts and plan sweets I want to make or buy. I'm thinking Peanut is a momma's baby on this one! :)

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Gender: Surprise! Although not a single soul on earth thinks it's a girl! Haha. We did the string test this weekend with my in-laws and it predicted boy (not surprising). Either everyone will already know the gender when Peanut arrives or everyone will be completely shocked! It will be fun to see :) I still think boy, but believe it could easily be a girl too!

Symptoms: Feeling lots of pressure, thrush in my mouth, acne has improved, crazy fast growing nails!, constipation is still an issue, the worst symptom so far has been achy hips after exercise or sitting still for a long time (it's so painful!) and general lack of energy.

Happy or moody: All over the place!

Looking forward to: Registering and working on the nursery...there is still a lot to be done! Less than 17 weeks to go!




1 comment:

  1. I read your written blog and i agree with you because i also fell my baby moment 23 week ago and i am happy with this felling and this article tell us how wight lose for fit your body in pregnancy thanks for share it Chelsey Carpenter .

    ReplyDelete