Monday, October 28, 2013

OCTOBER UPDATE

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I have given any type of update on our family. October has been a great month for us, filled with lots of fall activities and busyness. I can't believe it's almost November and time for the holiday season. I am actually quite excited for the holidays this year as it will be Josh and I's first married Thanksgiving and Christmas. Time to start new traditions together! But first, let's not skip over the wonderfulness that has been fall.


-Lots of running in the beginning of the month, but I have since then slipped. Since the weather is getting colder, I'm thinking I need to renew that inside gym membership.

-Josh was able to attend a great Christian leadership conference called Catalyst. Our friend Becky was gracious enough to give us free tickets and we gladly accepted. Unfortunately, I had to work, but Josh got to bring our brother-in-law, David. They had a really good experience and learned about making their own ministries even better.

-I got to go apple picking at Hillcrest Orchards with all 6 of my nieces and nephews, as well as, 2 of my sister-in-laws. We had a blast! Needless to say, I slept really well that night.

-Josh and I also got to experience our first Feast Group with our church. There is a group of about 8 people who get together monthly at each other's houses and have dinner together. Everyone brings a dish and fellowships together. It was a blessing to attend and to get to know everyone from our church better. I also made a delicious "cookie pizza" which everyone (surprisingly) loved.

-I have continued attend to Women's Bible Study every other week and have continued to really enjoy it. The group of ladies is awesome and the content and discussions are just as great. I am truly learning more about being a godly women and wife.

-I was given the opportunity to teach both my Sunday School class and the Youth Girl's Bible Study this month. I was very nervous, but it all went really well. I am overcoming my fear of public speaking!

-We had our last kid's soccer game this past Sunday. We had a fun 6 weeks of games and practices. I grew very fond of my team and was sad to see it end. There will be spring soccer though and I will most likely be coaching again! :)

-We went to the Cagle's Dairy Corn Maze with the youth group. I think Josh and I were the only ones to actually get lost in the maze...

-I had a day off this month (during the week) and we used it to visit Anna Ruby Falls and Helen where we got engaged. It was such a fun day spending time together and enjoying the beautiful fall colors everywhere.

-I've attended 2 bridal showers the past two weekends for 2 wonderful friends...it's wedding season!

-Owl-O-Ween in Kennesaw this past weekend was fun! We got to go with our friends, Brad & Anna, as well as, their two adorable kids. We helped their son Aiden, trick-or-treat, and saw many hot air balloons in action.

-We also found out that we will be moving in the beginning of 2014. It came as a surprise, but we are very excited about this new chapter in our lives and have been avidly house hunting. Wish us luck!

I think that about covers it. We are looking forward to what the end of the year brings! 2013 is flying by!






No comments:

Post a Comment