Friday, July 31, 2015

"Bloom Where You Are Planted"




This week has been tough for me. There are a lot of changes coming my way and I haven't been the most accepting of deviating from my comfortable and familiar path. In fact, I feel like I've resisted change to the best of my ability. While some people might be excited by fresh starts and new chapters, I am petrified. I like routine and familiarity. I like knowing what to expect and how it's all going to unfold. This probably roots back to my need to be in control and to have the ability to define and select the environment in which I feel like I will do well. I've convinced myself that I need certain conditions to not only survive, but to succeed.

I saw this quote this week and it really struck me. "Bloom Where You Are Planted". Wow, how powerful. Here I am thinking that I can only "bloom" under my chosen circumstances, my wants, and my preferences. I am holding on to the reins so tightly that I am probably close to losing circulation. Since when did I become so close-minded that I don't trust God to direct where I am "planted" and then help me prosper there? I saw this quote and immediately thought that this needs to be my new motto. I can't rely on comfort and fear of change to be my foundation and stipulations for growth in my life. I can't put limitations on how God is going to work. I want to be the type of person and the type of Christian who can blossom anywhere because I have God on my side. And because I have God directing my life. I want to be able to jump knowing that wherever He is taking me, I can trust Him. I want to be someone who finds the positive wherever I go and survives and flourishes wherever God sees fit to put me. Who am I to put restrictions on what God can do?

Slowly, I am opening the door to change and trying to shove fear and doubt out of my mind. This motto is my prayer, for myself and for my family. May we be people who bloom, flourish, and succeed anywhere God takes us. No restrictions, no limits, and no holding back. I owe it to everyone, including myself, to open up my mind to the idea that if God is truly directing my steps, then the only reason I won't thrive will be because of myself. He won't call me and then leave me hanging. He will finish out His work in me wherever I am called. God will ensure I "bloom", if I only let Him "plant" me. Ready or not, I'm jumping!

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." -Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment