Monday, June 8, 2015

Grayson's 5 Month Update!

It's that time again...Grayson is 5 months old! Holy cow! If I had to sum up this month, it would be the month of the milestones! He hit so many this month and is just developing and progressing so wonderfully. It's so fun to see him learn to do new things...his little personality is just coming out! For me, this month was much more smooth and fun! Grayson is at such a cool age; he's such a BIG (little) boy!




Weight & Height: I'm not sure about his height, but he's definitely longer. He went through a period where he kind of chunked up, but still seemed really short. This month he seems to have stretched out and don't seem as much like a little bowling bowl ;) He still has those adorable rolls though and he weighs 18 pounds!
 
(These monthly photos are getting harder and harder to take!)



Feeding: Feeding has gone really well this month because this was our 5th month of exclusively breastfeeding. I feel like Grayson and I have it down pat at this point. He eats within about 30 minutes of waking up, eats mid-morning and again in mid-afternoon, and then has a big feeding around 5-6pm. After that, he eats a little before bed and that's it. He averages about 4 hours between feedings right now, but can go longer!. Grayson also has one solid feeding during the night (that I am hoping to cut out soon!). He is such a great little eater and I am super curious to see how he does with solids. We are trying them out now that he is 5 months old! A part of me is sad that his time of being exclusively breastfed is done, but I'm also a little excited for the freedom that it will bring for me. I love that he is solely dependent on me for food, but at the same time, it can be a lot of work! I'm really proud of myself for breastfeeding him on my own with no supplements for 5 months especially since I am also working. I didn't think we would last this long, but we did! I'll be curious how my supply adjusts now that he won't be needing as much breast milk. We shall see! It will be fun for us to see him try new and different foods!




Sleeping: Someone must have heard my prayers because this department has improved since last month! Grayson does so much better at night and I think a lot of it is because he can finally get comfortable. He loves to sleep on his side and tummy! Grayson is finally on a sleeping schedule and I love that I have something to depend on! Grayson goes to bed around 930pm each night, wakes up around 3am for a feeding (he's only up 10 minutes max. which is great), then wakes up for the day around 830am. This schedule isn't perfected, but this seems to be his pattern and he's doing well with it! Grayson still sleeps in his crib and he is very mobile in his sleep. I put him down on his back and by the time I go in to get him, he's usually on his tummy facing the opposite direction and half a foot forward. He's a mover! Grayson takes a very dependable morning nap about 2-3 hours after he wakes up (usually a longer nap) and takes 2 shorter (less predictable) afternoon naps. We are still working on getting his naps to be a little longer, but now he averages 45 min-1 hour naps.






Clothes: Grayson wears 3-6 month clothing and size 3 diapers.



Mood: Last month I mentioned that we thought Grayson was teething and I was right! He was in so much pain and just miserable. His tooth finally broke through and since then, he has almost been a different baby! He's so much happier and such a joy to be around. He laughs constantly, loves to play, and gives you the sweetest smiles when you look his way. I hate knowing he was in pain, but I'm so glad his true personality is now coming out. Grayson loves action, motion, and constantly doing things. He gets fussy if he is bored and wants a change of scenery. At the same time, he has started cuddling with Josh and I and it's the sweetest thing. Grayson loves to screech with excitement and gets flustered when he can't reach a toy or get it in his mouth. He is so reactive and responsive and just seems to much older all the sudden. I feel like I have a little buddy with me now because he interacts with me. He's still very vocal and loves to chat. It's so fun!
 




Teeth: 2! He got his first tooth at about 4.5 months (lower center left) and then got his second tooth (lower center right) less than 2 weeks later. His little smile is adorable now with his teeth poking through!



Milestones: He hit so many this month! He can now roll over consistently both ways, sits up, reaches, grabs, and holds on to objects, and can stand unassisted for seconds at a time. The boy is strong! 





Loves: Bouncing on your leg by standing up and sitting down quickly (he gets some momentum going and he's fast!), playing with his toys, laughing at our dog, grabbing faces and discovering new body parts, kicking his legs, grabbing anything near him, screaming with joy, and playing with his big cousins!



Dislikes: It's all a mood thing with this baby! Just depends what he's feeling or not feeling in the moment ;)




Things I Want to Remember:

  • Hiking in Blue Ridge



  • First Beach Trip





  • Josh's Graduation From Seminary -- It was so special that Grayson was able to watch his daddy walk across the stage and celebrate in his big accomplishment!





  • First Wedding


No comments:

Post a Comment