Monday, November 10, 2014

My Favorite Products During Pregnancy

As the third trimester is in full swing (only 2 months to go!), I wanted to share with you all what my favorite products have been so far in my pregnancy. These products have made my pregnancy easier and have helped to make my experience with pregnancy much more enjoyable. If you are currently pregnant, I highly recommend each of these products!


1. Half Caff K-Cups

These things have been a life saver for me this pregnancy. For some reason, the moment I learned I needed to limit my caffeine during pregnancy; I wanted it more than ever. The funny thing is I normally only have 1 cup of coffee each morning and that's it, but like I said, this pregnancy I have craved coffee like there is no tomorrow. You always want what you can't have, right? The first trimester, I cut out caffeine entirely which was extremely difficult. By the second trimester, I started easing myself into my morning coffee again. These Half-Caff K-Cups are the perfect compromise for my caffeine-loving self. One cup contains half the amount of caffeine as a regular cup, but it still does the trick and tastes much better than decaf. I have really loved my morning cups of coffee during pregnancy once I discovered these!

 
 
 
2. Be Maternity BeBand - Natural
 
This belly band has been another life saver for my pregnancy and probably my most recommended product purchase for pregnant women. For only $16.99 at Target, I have more than gotten my use out of this thing. If you aren't sure exactly what it does, it is a stretchy material that goes over your belly and top of your pants and allows you to keep your pants unbuttoned without having to worry about flashing everyone around you. It's basically the new version of the rubber band trick and believe me, it does the trick! I bought the BeBand around my 16th week of pregnancy and have worn it ever since. It allows me to be able to wear my regular pants which I have been really thankful for. There is just something about my regular clothes that makes me much more comfortable than the maternity clothes. I still use the belly band regularly and I am in my 31st week of pregnancy. It easily fits under your clothes and isn't bulky or uncomfortable. It provides support for your growing belly and the natural color makes the BeBand unnoticeable to the outside eye. I have also heard you can use the BeBand post-partum as a way to get your regular jeans on when you can't quite zip them yet. I would highly recommend this product!
 
 

3. Flavored Drink Packets

Most pregnant women know the importance of drinking water during your pregnancy. If you are like me, then you don't need to be reminded because you are constantly thirsty. The Crystal Light Lemonade packets have made drinking water during my pregnancy much more enjoyable. I allow myself 1 packet each day (2 if I'm really not wanting to drink regular water) and I actually look forward to my daily bottle of lemonade. Each packet is only 10 calories and it so much more satisfying than a regular bottle of water, but you are still getting the fluids you need. I drink a lot of water, so by adding a flavor to my water I get the variety I need. You can use any flavor or any brand. I usually buy my flavored drink packets from the Dollar Tree and think they still taste great. This is a great way to make healthy habits during pregnancy a little more enjoyable!


4. Dermasil Lotion

As any pregnant lady knows, rapid growth is a huge part of pregnancy. Your skin is constantly being stretched and pulled. You think it can't possibly stretch anymore and then it does! I started using stretch mark cream in the beginning of my second trimester and found that I ran out of it very quickly. Stretch mark cream is pricy and soon it began to add up. I then discovered the Dermasil brand of lotion at the Dollar Tree. Yes, I am an avid Dollar Tree shopper if you can't tell. I believe that if you can find quality products for a cheaper price, why not take advantage of it? This brand of lotion has been great and has helped keep my skin moisturized during pregnancy. There are lighter lotions and more thick lotions to choose from. They do a great job and have allowed my skin to grow without tearing and creating stretch marks (at least none to speak of yet!). I still have one bottle of brand name stretch mark cream (Palmer's Stretch Mark Lotion) and I believe it also works very well. For me, this has been a cost effective alternative of taking care of my skin during pregnancy and this brand couples wonderfully with a brand name stretch mark cream to keep your skin healthy during your pregnancy.



5. Healthy Snacks

Throughout my pregnancy, hunger will randomly strike and out of nowhere I am starving. I have found that it's useful to have a snack on hand, so that when hunger strikes, I have something to munch on instead of turning into a starving (and irritated) pregnant lady. These are some of my favorite healthy snacks that not only satisfy my hunger and tide me over until the next meal, but also give me and my baby the nutrition we both need. When I'm starving, I'll eat whatever is in front of me, so because of that I try to keep healthy options on hand. Then I have no choice but to go for the apple and not the candy....most days :)


 
I have always loved apples, but I have especially enjoyed them during my pregnancy. They satisfy that sweet craving for me with some added nutrition. Apples are full of vitamin C, boost your blood sugar quickly, and are refreshing. My new favorites are Pink Lady apples (we got some from an apple orchard this weekend) because they are so delicious that they taste more like a treat to me. They are easy to keep in your purse or your car without spoiling. I also LOVE snacking on apples and peanut butter for some extra protein.
 
 
My next favorite snack is string cheese. This one might seem random and to be honest I haven't had string cheese since I was a kid. It's one of the foods recommended for pregnancy, so I thought I would try it and turns out, I am still a big fan! One stick of string cheese has 7 grams of protein which is very important during pregnancy. String cheese also has the additional calcium that my body needs right now (apparently the baby is taking most of my supply). 

 
The last snack is any type of granola bar, but my favorite is the Nature Valley Trail Mix Fruit & Nut bar. Granola bars have always been my go-to snack and that hasn't changed during my pregnancy. They are perfect for storing in your bag, lunch box, or car and they have saved me many times when hungry struck and I didn't have much food on hand. The fruit and nut combination provides you with a little fruit, nut and whole grain -- all good for you and your baby!


6. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

I mentioned this product before in my summer favorites and it is still a favorite of mine months later! I have also mentioned multiple times that one of my pregnancy symptoms has been pregnancy/hormonal acne. Before I was pregnant, I was on birth control and that seemed to help keep my face clear and the acne at bay. Once I got off birth control and became pregnant, my skin went crazy! I assumed it would slow down or my body would adjust to the new hormones, but that hasn't been the case. Where is the "pregnancy glow" I hear about?? I am very grateful this has been one of my only complaints during pregnancy because obviously it could be so much worse. But if you have ever had acne then you probably know that it can really affect your confidence and it can be uncomfortable and even painful for your skin. The Dream Pure BB Cream by Maybelline has been a lifesaver for my breakouts. This product is very light on your skin like a moisturizer, but it provides excellent coverage like a liquid foundation. It doesn't leave your skin looking orange, but instead gives you a nice, healthy glow. It also does a good job of evening out your skin tone which can get extremely red and patchy when your face is constantly broken out. I love this product and think it's a wonderful BB cream for anyone, but if you are pregnant and dealing with acne, I especially recommend it.



7. Good Pair of Maternity Jeans

The last item on my list is a good pair of maternity jeans. I don't have a specific brand to recommend to you, but I can't tell you how nice it is to have at least one pair of maternity jeans that you feel comfortable and confident in. I know that no matter how I am feeling, I can put on that pair of maternity jeans and feel good about myself. A good pair of maternity jeans provides you with the comfort and fit you need. I prefer the maternity jeans with the longer belly panel, but that's just a personal preference. My best advice is whether you get some hand-me-downs from a friend like I was lucky enough to or if you have to go out and buy some, make sure you have something you feel good in. Pregnancy is tough on the body and the mind. We deserve a little pick me up and at least one item of clothing we feel good in!



 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Pregnancy products really relief to your body and pregnancy pillow is really good for pregnant women because its great relief to pregnant women thanks for share it .

    ReplyDelete