Monday, November 3, 2014

30 Week Pregnancy Blog

Written on Monday November 3, 2014

How far along? 30 weeks 4 days -- 7.5 months!

BabyBaby is measuring about 15.7 inches long now and weighs almost 3 pounds (the size of a large cabbage or butternut squash). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her/him, but that volume will shrink as she/he gets bigger and takes up more room in the uterus. Eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after Peanut's born, he/she will keep eyes closed for a good part of the day. When baby does open them, baby will respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means Peanut can only make out objects a few inches from her/his face.

Total Weight Gain: My weight was a little more stable this week -- staying between a 13-14 lb. weight gain. I've still been able to work out on the elliptical 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes at a time and I've been doing some of the arm machines on the lowest weight (10 lbs). I really enjoy staying active and believe it's helped me throughout my pregnancy. I'm very interested to see if my thyroid is still too high or if it has evened itself out since I still haven't gained a whole lot of weight. (although I am still gaining, just slowly). I'm on the low end of gaining weight, but my belly is growing!! I had a doctor's appointment this week and my belly is measuring 29 cm which is perfectly on track.

Maternity Clothes: My belly has most definitely grown -- even more! Maternity clothes are becoming my friend more and more! I'm a little sick of the selection, but still finding outfits that fit each day. I am also finding ways to wear my regular clothes but make them maternity which I like best and feel most comfortable in.

Stretch Marks: I've been doing good with the stretch mark cream and am still stretch mark free! Crossing my fingers that growing slowly will help reduce my chance of severe stretch marks. I've been trying to apply the creams each morning and evening.
Sleep: I'm sleeping a lot lighter and wake up early on the weekends. I struggle to sleep past 7am which is very different for me. (I've been waking up at more like 5 am on the weekends!) I also wake up a lot more during the nights. The funny thing is that I'm not uncomfortable and I don't have to pee constantly. I'm just sleeping a lot lighter and have more energy. Although some days it catches up to me and I'm exhausted -- like today!

Miss Anything? I miss having clear skin. Pregnancy acne has been horrible for me. But overall, I still love being pregnant and will miss it when it's over!

Best Moment of the Week: I had a great doctor's appointment on Wednesday. My blood pressure (90/54) and weight gain were both good. The baby's heart beat was 140 bpm and I got to hear it for a while which I always love. Also, the baby is measuring perfectly! Our church threw us a baby shower yesterday and that was also lots of fun. We got a bunch of good stuff and felt very blessed! My aunts also pitched in and bought us my dream car seat/stroller travel system -- I love it and have already been tested it out around the house! :)

Movement: Feeling more and more movement! I am starting to feel movement when I am standing or moving around which is different because I used to only feel it when I was sitting and relaxed. I can tell the baby is getting much bigger by the slower, but powerful movements. I feel like I can feel the head, elbows, and knees more distinctly. It's so amazing! I love it.

Food Cravings: I did better with eating healthy this week. I was liking my berry spinach smoothies and really liking these energy bites I made (oatmeal, honey, peanut butter, and chocolate chips). I actually did really well with the Halloween candy and didn't go crazy. Although I did have two pieces of cake at my baby shower yesterday. Still loving sweets! I don't know if this is a craving, but I am also VERY into gum. I have to watch myself because I continuously want something to chew on, so I tend to eat a lot of pieces in a day.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope. Although I don't like the smell of the Palmer's Stretch Mark Cream in the early mornings when I put it on. It doesn't bother me at nights, but in the mornings it grosses me out.

Gender: Surprise! We are still getting the majority of votes for a BOY! Can't wait to find out :)

Symptoms: Not getting as many Braxton Hicks contractions but I usually get them when I go from sitting to standing quickly, constantly thirsty although I already drink 5 bottles of water a day!, constipation has been a big issue, the baby loves my right hip and loves to sit on it which can be very painful and will randomly hit when I am walking -- ouch!, acne was still awful this week!

Happy or moody: Irritated....my husband has been especially patient with me while I'm dealing with not only a lot of changes in our personal life, but also as I deal with major changes at my job.

Looking forward to: Getting all the baby presents put away and getting the room more organized. Baby stuff has officially taken over the house! 
 

My friend Taylor and I had an impromptu mini photo shoot before grabbing dinner one night. It was so fun to get some pictures of "the bump" :) She did a great job!



Church Baby Shower with my awesome church family!


 Excited Grandma-To-Be!


Getting my workout on at 30 weeks pregnant!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post its tell us a pregnant women how control baby moments pain in pregnancy and how to care her self thanks for sharing Emma Allen .

    ReplyDelete