Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pinterest Pumpkin Bread

So I know what you are probably thinking, why in the world is this girl making pumpkin bread during the springtime? Well, first off I have always loved pumpkin bread. I love the spicy and sweet combination it holds. I prefer it year round, not just in the fall.  Secondly, I found an awesome 3 ingredient pumpkin bread recipe on Pinterest and felt challenged to bake my first loaf of bread. I looked at this particular recipe and cooking instructions, then I thought, hey, I can actually do that! This is a very uncomplicated recipe, but it turned out tasting delicious and appeared like I spent a lot more time making it than I actually did. So if you are interested in 3 ingredient pumpkin bread, stay tuned!
 
 
 
So the ingredients are very simple and easy to find. The price of everything including the loaf pan (Like I said, I've never baked bread before) was only $12 at Wal-Mart. To make the pumpkin bread you will need: 
 
~1 box of Spice Cake mix
~1 can of pumpkin (around 15 oz.)
~2 tbsp. of Pumpkin Pie Spice
~Loaf Pan
~Cooking Spray
~Mixing Bowl
 
**Before getting started, you will need to preheat your over to 350 degrees.


After gathering your ingredients, you will need to combine the spice cake mix, can of pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice into a large mixing bowl. I used my electric hand mixer to thoroughly blend all ingredients into a cohesive (very thick) batter.
 
 
The next step is to grease your loaf pan with cooking spray and then pour the pumpkin batter into the pan. The oven should be preheated to 350 by now, so go ahead and stick the pan in.

 
The instructions I used said to cook the bread at 350 degrees for 28 minutes, but I found that it took more like 43-45 minutes for my bread to be completely cooked.
 
Side note: I have a weird obsession of watching food cook while it is in the oven. I am that person that opens the oven 10 times while things are cooking just to see what's going on. I guess it's fun for me to watch the food progress from raw to a delicious dish right before my eyes. So here is my pumpkin bread...baking!


Here is the finished product: 3 ingredient pumpkin bread! I would recommend this recipe to anyone who is pressed for time, doesn't want to use 15 ingredients, and wants the pumpkin bread to taste like a well put together recipe without all the hassle. This bread is very moist and fluffy. I really liked it and so did my husband (that's a win in my book)! It makes a lot of bread (a full loaf) and it's going to take us a while to eat it all. Another plus to this recipe! I have also attached the link to the recipe I used below. Happy baking!

http://blog.aroundcampus.com/3-ingredient-pumpkin-bread/

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I use a can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix to make pumpkin muffins, and they are sooo good. I also add some mini chocolate chips, and it's basically heaven.

    ReplyDelete